Translate this page into your language

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Apologies and customizing!

Hi! I'm sorry about the long wait, but I was on holiday and didn't take my model horse stuff so there wasn't anything really interesting to blog about. Tomorrow I'll post pictures and the results of the live show that I went to so keep checking my blog.

At the moment I'm customizing the retired Schleich Lipizzaner mare (not the cantering one with the plaited mane, the walking one with a darker mane). I've had her for quite a while now and whilst most of my horses are kept in beautiful stables, she's kept in an old magazine holder which look like stalls. The holder has these sliding doors which are perfect, but she's kept in the middle one so I can't access her easily. This means that every time I take her out of her stall it's impossible to not hit her on anything. She has many scratches and I've been meaning to customize her for a while now but have never got round to it - there were more scratched horses that I needed to sort out (Star Appeal and Cobba Featha, see Creativity post for more).

Today I went into an art shop empty handed, and came out with a bag of fancy paintbrushes and new acrylics! I sat down at the table and set to work. I'm going to do three white coats and I'm going to keep her grey, I love greys. Comment below if you love them too!

I almost forgot to mention that I got a new model! He's called Gem Twist, and is part of the retired Breyer Fox Hunting Set. I'm not sure how many of him were made, or if he's of any value at all, but I love him and his clip! Click on this link if you want to see a photo of him (not the one I have).

Here are the pictures:

The finished bridle of Totilas!

Halfway through the saddle (two girth straps and half the girth!)

Cloudy Day custom (the first white coat)

No comments:

Post a Comment