Translate this page into your language

Friday 25 July 2014

Model horse saddle pattern and Breyer Totilas photoshoot

I love all my Schleich and Bullyland, but when Totilas arrived one evening I knew he was just such an amazing horse. I'd never had a Breyer before, so seeing a model horse so shiny and clean (not to mention unscratched) I felt a bit overwhelmed. I decided to take him to a model horse show at the end of the summer and I was told to make dressage tack for him! I thought that it couldn't be done. At that time my Schleich tack was a bit rubbish and even though I knew 1:9 would be easier than 1:20, it was daunting. For a month or two, Totilas lay with his rug and headcollar, in the Schleich field.I noticed him last week and thought it was time to start my tack. I got out my trusty Saddlery and Equipment book, printed out a few reference photos and got started on my pattern. I finished it and moved on to the bridle pattern, which was a bit more complicated as I was worried I didn't have enough leather lace and it would take a long time to order more, as it had come all the way from America. I'm still concerned about that, but hopefully I'll have enough! I'll keep this blog updated on his tack so you can see the progression. In fact I've just done a photoshoot of Totilas, his coming saddle and the pattern! Here are the atmospheric photos:

Totilas showing off his extended trot position

















The saddle pattern - Copy it onto Word, increase it, decrease it, do whatever!












The seat of the saddle - a Coke can wrapped in leather!





Totilas wears his saddle seat



See you in a bit where I'll be making a fly mask tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment