Translate this page into your language

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Show jumps reference pictures

YHi! Sorry that I haven't posted for what feels like ages, it's just I'm away and didn't bring my tack stuff with me. I thought that doing reference pictures should make up for it, and when I get back home I'll be able to make a tutorial for them. Anyway...

In show jumping you can have... Oxers or parallel bars. The horse has to reach for them quite a lot so if you've got a stretching out jumping model, this is best for it.

Planks. Planks are balanced on very light cups - careful looking jumpers need this kind of fence. They may be harder to make but you will probably get better marks in performance showing.

Uprights. Uprights are harder for the horse to judge as there is no ground line and the horse has to jump up, not out. Never underestimate uprights! Another fence for careful jumpers.


Wall jumps. Walls are not real walls, just plastic bricks that are easily knocked off, or fillers like this fence. They are easier for the horse, as are usually quite wide and have a ground line. One for big, bold looking horses, or if you have a model with a big, open canter stride that could be approaching the fence.

Stile or skinny fence. These fences are extremely difficult to ride. They are very narrow, so the horse can easily run out on worry of not fitting through. The Schleich Lusitano gelding looks like he's running out, so he'd be quite a cool fun set up.

In quite a few showjumping courses, there are fences designed to challenge the horse's bravery. Fillers in particular, are the scariest of them all. This fence below has a strange Halloween catty theme. Excuse the volume mute thing, I was on an iPad!

I hope these reference pictures prove useful. Hopefully I can do a jumps tutorial soon! 
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment